Synth Pop Icon of the 80's and 90's
Best of VFX is a collection of custom-sampled virtual instruments wrapped in a new interface for MainStage (all sounds load into Logic Pro as well, with Kontakt versions following shortly).
Crafted from the ground up to evoke the unmistakeable synth pop sounds of the Ensoniq VFX, popular from the late-80s through the early 90s.
On the heels of the Roland D-50 - the first synth to feature built-in high-quality effects - the VFX had its own unique sound and could easily produce slick, production-ready sounds right out of the box.
Like most Ensoniq keyboards, it had a very airy, hi-fi character but with a characteristic punch not found elsewhere. As with DX Dreams, the raw sounds were recorded with extreme attention to detail through British 1073-style preamps and/or various analog tape models, so you get those iconic sounds captured with the best sonic presentation possible.
As a smaller niche instrument, Best of VFX comes with 20 custom source sounds that cover the “must-have” flavors of this synth, and it will be expanded with additional content over time. A series of combo patches for BackStage Pass & DX Dreams owners is also planned as a free update.
- Over 850 MB of meticulously sampled content
- Stunning production-ready sounds sampled through the hit-making hardware of the 80s & 90s
- Includes 3 custom reverb impulses from the AMS RMX16
- Built from the ground up for uncompromising performance in a live setting
- Modular rack paradigm featuring realtime control over major sound shaping aspects that weren’t available on the original hardware
- A dedicated Logic Pro demo session with pre-mapped FX buses
- A new TouchOSC controller file
- MainStage Concert file
- Logic Pro Demo Session
- All related patches & samples for MainStage, Logic
- Custom controller for TouchOSC (requires TouchOSC running on an iPad)
- PDF Manuals
- Single user license with imbedded, traceable user ID (you can install on multiple computers as long as they all belong to the same single user).
- Mac OS Mojave (10.14.6) or greater
- MainStage 3.4.3 or higher. All content loads in Logic Pro as well; version 10.5.0+ recommended
- 2 GB free space for downloaded & installation; 855 MB installed
- SSD (solid state drive) for sample streaming
- Although it will run on lesser systems, a quad core i7 with 16 GB RAM & dedicated graphics processor is recommended for best performance
Recommended For Full Functionality
- An 88-note keyboard controller
- Any iPad (9” or larger, all the way back to first generation) running TouchOSC
- Free TouchOSC Bridge utility running on Mac