In this Section we'll talk about all the concepts you need to know before we dig into actual programming of cues. We'll talk about Why it's worth doing this, and provide a basic gear list.
00:10 What this Course Isn’t
00:24 This Course is NOT about setting up and addressing Lights
01:16 This Course is not about how to program lights
01:55 Console vs. Computer?
- Console-Hardwire MIDI or Audio Cable
- Computer-Virtual Routing
02:42 Programming Concepts
- Linear based programming vs. Cue based programming
03:37 Linear Programming
04:07 Cue based programming
05:25 Types of Lighting Control
- Overview of Different Types of Control
- Does Ableton Natively send it?
- Sending DMX from Ableton Live?
- Controlling Lights with Ableton Live featuring Bwack Video
- Best to make templates for MIDI Clips
- Generating SMPTE
- Bring this Audio Down (When the SMPTE track is played)
- Midi Version of SMPTE
- Using Live MTC